Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

If I could choose anything to do for the rest of my life, without a drop of hesitation in my being, I would choose to perform. There's something about opening myself up to a crowd of people that don't know me by showing my most vulnerable state that keeps me going and hoping for the next opportunity to be on stage. I live for the stress of rehearsals, the angst of last minute unpreparedness; the late nights that make me cry from lack of confidence, the voice lessons that help me grow, and the nights spent on stage in front of a full house with all eyes on me. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by people who support me in my musical choices and successes. It's because of these kind of people that I have my confidence and drive.

Anything and everything that has happened to me these past two years have helped shape me into a better person. Whether I'll be in Concert Choir next year or not, I can contently say that I am happy with where I am vocally right now, and that I can't wait to see what my future holds.

My dream as of now is to pursue music in college. One of these days I'll actually start uploading videos to YouTube (insert advertisement to come watch me at some given point in time when I actually have time HERE) and I'll be the next JB. I have an internal drive that will help me get anywhere I want in life.

Oh, and I can now say with full confidence that I can belt. My friend that has argued with me for the past year over this saw me at Mr. Wayzata and admitted to knowing that I can belt. HELL YES. My next hurtle is to show people that I can sing a flutey soprano without vibrato. Easy as pie.

List of singing goals from the past two years:
Get over my fear of singing in front of a crowd.
Make Madrigals
Make a WHS production
Make Concert Choir
Win a singing competition
Make Vive Voce
Go on American Idol (lolz, not gonna happen anymore.)
Prove I can sing like a man
Prove I can sing high
Prove I can belt
Prove I can sing soprano 1 without vibrato
Sing as a soprano in a choir (Thanks, Mrs. O'neill!)
Make a YouTube Channel
Be a lead in a musical (JASMINE ANYONE? Or I'd take anything that involves an attractive     lead male.)

No comments:

Post a Comment